Sunday, April 20, 2008

Houffalize World Cup #1

Wow...these girls are fast, fast, fast. I got 36th place today in the race. Not stellar by any means, but slightly better than last year. My best ever being 15th place in 2004. I didn't feel bad, though. I wouldn't say I felt powerful, but I felt slightly better than 36th place. Of course, these girls are very tough and have all brought their top level for Olympic selection. The american ride of the day goes to amazing Georgia who was less than three minute out of a world cup win. I was 4th place american. I need to be in the top two for a better chance of making the Olympic team. The downhills were really fun. I didn't have any crashes and didn't do anything stupid for a change. And of course the crowds were amazing. Lots and lots of people cheering for a bike race, gotta love it. Mary was a great cheerleader for me, so was Zack and Bork had the bike perfect. I'm not sure how JB did, yet, but Todd Wells was 11th!

Right now I'm back in Holland drinking a real Heineken. It tastes so good here. Piet is making a tasty dinner and we are having a rice cake for dessert(a belgium tart baked with rice pudding in the middle)

Big Shout out to Little Lefty Lamb Chop(LLLC) for opening up the big 64oz can of whoop ass at Sea Otter. I don't know if you have ever noticed Lea's arms, but they are not skinny...they are powerful!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, I'm your fan since I saw "Off Road to Athens" keep the pace and you'll make it.
    Like many North Americans says "No Pain, No gain"

    You are my favorite!

    All the best

    João(From Portugal)
    http://asminhaspedaladas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete