Thursday, January 31, 2008

Born Famous

Its just about official. Spring and I are doing the women's duo class at the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo. I've done the race before and its really fun. EpicRides.com has a good race course and usually has some wild things like belly dancers or fire jumpers. But Spring and I won't have much time or energy for such things. I've never done the duo class at a 24 race so its a first for me. I've heard it is harder than solo. Anyway our team name is Born Famous. We don't need our 15 minutes...because we were born famous.

Spring and I climbed Lemmon to the 9 mile mark. Our legs were pretty crunchy from all the great riding and it was a bit cold. It was very beautiful with all the Saguaro Cactus and water running down the mountain. Spring got a flat on the way home even with Armadillo tires on. The roads here are dirty and pretty rough. Spring and Kevin's Eurovan is for sale. Its cherry. I think it will be on ebay soon.

I did the wednesday group ride yesterday. Its changed since I've done it in the past. Most folks turned off at Saguaro East Park. Then only four of us went on to Vail and Suhaurita and only two of us went around Helmet Peak and down Mission. Brian from team Waste Management was good company. Its a long ride to do alone. It seems the group rides have changed since the days of Gord Fraser and Mikey Sayers being the captains keeping things organized.

I'm going out tonight for Thai food, even though I have amazing food in the fridge from Trader Joe's. Its a craving for curry.

If you ever get the chance to check out Tucson's community radio station KXCI... do it. My favorite show is Matt Moon's Global Rhythm radio on Thursdays at 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment