Monday, March 30, 2009

County Line






We had an amazing ride north again near Strasburg. We started on the WV/Va state line with county line trail. We could see Corridor h on the horizon as a big scar on the beautiful landscape. The uphills were steep and the downhills rocky and wet. It was classic great up and down ridge riding. I was pretty terrified on the really rocky bits. This was my first wet ride in a long, long time. It was one of those days when there was a lot of leg stabbing to save a fall. I just couldn't get relaxed with the thought of sticky my leg leg out to a rock crevice and having it twist.
We mostly hiked up Pond Run, which is a magical little creek. The ride down Stony Run was hairball for me, but the boys rode it all. Very impressive.
I checked the results today of the US PROXCT. It looked like fast racing for sure. I missed being there and miss starting the season at a big race. I miss being that in shape! But looking at some of the pics, it still looks a little miserable and intense. I wonder where LLC is right now? Europe road racing? She would of crushed. JB did good in the top ten. There were 120 dudes and only 25 women. That is a huge difference from years past. I think I'll still follow all the races for a while like a fan. Thats fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment