Tuesday, October 14, 2008

YEEHAA!





What an awesome week its been! Tim and I celebrated our birthdays this week. We went to the Fort Lewis Lodge near the end of the SMT trail. Normally, we would ride there and back, but Tim rode at Boy Scout on the way out and I read some Hunter S. Thompson. Then we had some target practice at Dog Graveyard. It was really exciting and scary, too. Maybe I could make it to the Olympics in shooting.

We also had a birthday dinner at Blue Nile and stayed up very late that night. Tim loves his "Heelies" that I got him. We had to check out some Youtube videos of some heelie pros in action. They are all 8 years old. I think Tim could turn pro in a couple of weeks.

The SVBC MTB Festival was gorgeous. There were lots of friends there and great riding conditions. Lots of people rode Grooms because it will become part of Wilderness before too long . Also , there was a huge group doing trail maintenance on Wolff, which should make it a nicer singletrack climb as well. My sister, Beth, rocked out for three days of trail riding on carbon stead.

Foodles rocked the Trek Navigator at the six pack downhill on Boy Scout. Mumbles took video and showed it Saturday night with the rockin slide show that Kevin Keane and Moody did. Carpong will be riding next week since he got a smokin fast 4:01. The highlight of the weekend for most was the dual slalom course. The former activity was late night dodge ball, but now the minibikes other wise known as little kids bikes or pixies bikes rule. It was harder for me watching people have so much fun at the mini bikes and keg rolls than it was to see them riding singletrack. My big ego wanted to get in on the shenanigans and it made me realize all the little things that my ego does to try to win "situations" I think racing was a good outlet for that and now I have to find other ways to approach some things.

The Navigator gave me my first ride outside at the festival! It was nice having a "girls" bike for easy stopping because that is the sketchy thing still for me. I like to have my foot touch down while my butt is still on the saddle, even thought its not completely necessary. Its funny because it has big downhill tires on it. Its a rad bike. I took it over to the Trek Demo folks to get "worked" on. They didn't get my joke.

But today I did a carbon remount. I put on riding shorts, riding shoes and a helmet and got on my top fuel for my first real ride in 3 MONTHS! I only went clipless on my good side and of course only on the road.

It was awesome to get out. Everything felt good, but rusty and still very limited. It feels so good chugging up a hill. Its funny how easy everything comes back, though. Which is very comforting to me. It feels natural. Well except my butt.

So to quote Lambie "I'M SO PUMPED!"

I also have discovered photo booth on my mac. Anything for a good laugh...it keeps you happy, healthy and sane. So keep on laughing people...its all we got sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sue, miss you in the clinic. Good to hear you are getting back into things. Let me know if you need anything. Happy Birthday!!

    Michael (Advantage)

    ReplyDelete